Mainly kayaking photographs taken on the Isle of Man and beyond.


Friday 6 March 2009

Sea Kayaking Isle of Man - 2 Blogs.

The pictures above were taken last weekend. Both Saturday and Sunday were fantastic paddles on big seas. Saturday was all about wind driven swell, and Sunday was about tidal race flow. I've got so many photos from that weekend which will come in handy over the next few months. Many thanks to Jess who snapped some amazing pictures, only some of which I have so far posted.
A few posts ago I mentioned that I had created a second "mirror" blog of Isle of Man Kayakblog. I did this for purely technical reasons. However, I've now realised that this has solved another problem for me. For some time now I've wanted to post some "medical" blog entries. However, I did not feel that the majority of kayakers would be interested. I really did not want them to end up on PaddlingPlanet.com, to where this blog is streamed. The two blog approach has solved this. The entries which appear on Kayakblog and those that are fed to www.KAYAK.im will usually be identical. Occasionally however, non kayaking medical posts may appear on KAYAK but not in the main blog, as will posts predominantly aimed at a Manx readers.
www.KAYAK.im

1 comment:

Graham said...

Great photos! Maybe I'm being naughty, but the second one reminds of this symbol: http://mapserver.mytopo.com/mapserver/nautical_symbols/Images/char0851.gif

Now what's that smiley for "tongue-in-cheek" ?