Mainly kayaking photographs taken on the Isle of Man and beyond.


Thursday 19 March 2009

Kayaking Isle of Man - Mega!

My new Mega Jester Trident surf kayak arrived today. With it's vacuum infusion carbon/Kevlar construction it's as light and rigid as possible. I've not had a chance to use it yet but just staring at it will do for now.
Whilst on the subject of carbon/Kevlar kayaks I was in touch with Mike Webb of Rockpool Kayaks yesterday. He's currently building the first ever carbon/Kevlar Alaw Bach. The exciting prospect of top spec carbon boats from Rockpool has made me think about trading in one of my two Alaw Bachs for a top spec Isel. The Isel is a shortened version of the Alaw Bach originally designed for the smaller paddler, but in fact Mike has inadvertently produced a fantastic, tight fitting, responsive tidal race boat. I'm fond of tidal races and will be discussing the specs of the new boat with Mike after the Paddlefest in Nottingham ( 28 / 29 th March 2009 ).
www.KAYAK.im

No comments: