Mainly kayaking photographs taken on the Isle of Man and beyond.


Sunday 11 January 2009

Kayaking Isle of Man - Content.

There's a force 9 gale blowing here on the Isle of Man. The winds are moving at 75 to 88 km/h, there are high waves (6-7 m) with dense foam, wave crests have started to roll over and there is considerable spray! It would be fare to say that these are difficult conditions for kayaking. Still, paddling is the last thing on my mind as I enter my third consecutive day "on call" as a Consultant Anaesthetist. The good thing about the poor weather is that it's usually quiet at work when the weather is this bad. Instead of contemplating how I could possibly go kayaking in a force 9, I'm thinking will I get called into the hospital at any second to sort out an emergency patient? I'm also looking forward to the next week or so at work. I think to say that these coming days and weeks could change mine and my colleagues work lives is no exaggeration. Our pensions may be devalued, job plans reviewed and with other important "work structure" meetings scheduled, our professional roles are likely to change beyond recognition. Potentially, these changes over the next few weeks will be too much for some and there could be resignations!
http://www.kayak.im/

No comments: