Mainly kayaking photographs taken on the Isle of Man and beyond.


Saturday 16 May 2009

Isle of Man Kayaking - keeping busy.

Oddly, despite the fact that I have no job, I have been and am I incredibly busy. I quite my job a little over a week ago. It wasn't really planned but I reached a point where I was no longer willing to tolerate what was going on. It wasn't just one thing it was a combination of factors, although there was a "final straw". I reached a point where unemployment seemed preferable to the situation at work. Have I regretted my decision? I can say an emphatic NO, not for 1 second. I would do the same thing again. Don't get me wrong, it hasn't been easy. There have been moments of abject depression and worry, but they have been short lived. I think that's where the keeping busy comes in. I was already coding for a new, larger version of KAYAK.im and I've immersed myself in it. I'm not sure that this will ever lead to anything commercially viable, but that's not the point. It keeps me occupied whilst I get things together.
And so, if you are ever in my position, the take home message is KEEP BUSY!
Anyway, I reckon the new KAYAK.im is about 2 weeks away.
www.KAYAK.im

1 comment:

The Black Spot said...

If that's not Canada in the new/current site background, it's close enough for me. Sitting here, with my imported Cream of Wheat cereal... thanks.