Mainly kayaking photographs taken on the Isle of Man and beyond.


Monday 29 December 2008

Sea Kayaking Isle of Man - Surfing Ramsay.

The waves were half the size they should have been! The wind had shifted through 30 degrees and no longer opposed the receding tide. Still, most of us had driven the full 12 miles from Peel to Ramsay. As a proportion of the Manx national geography that's like driving from Los Angeles to New York and so retreating home without a paddle was unthinkable! Gerry, Steve, Stu, Ian, a young girl and myself took to the icy water for a fairly sedate surfing session. Having said that we all managed a few runs and I even rolled as I leaned off a breaking wave trying to squeeze a few extra yards out of it. You can view Steve's account of the session in video format here.
www.KAYAK.im

1 comment:

The Black Spot said...

Hee hee.. I THOUGHT I recognized the photo you used for your VIDEO header... I'm so honoured.