Mainly kayaking photographs taken on the Isle of Man and beyond.


Monday 16 June 2008

Kayaking Isle of Man - Old times.



It was like old times on Sunday as Michael Butler and myself headed off from Port St Mary to the Calf Sound. It's been nearly a year since our last expedition to the Calf, when we were almost certainly accompanied by Joe Leech. Butler has been pretty dormant since then when it comes to sea kayaking as has Joe, who is now across in the UK. I can understand the reasons why this may have happened and I'm glad that the old enthusiasm has been re-awakened, as Butler gave me a lesson in hand rolling in front of the crowds at the Calf Cafe. With free coaching available from Mike through Paddle Buddy I for one will be making the most of this opportunity to advance my skills.
www.KAYAK.im

No comments: