Mainly kayaking photographs taken on the Isle of Man and beyond.


Sunday 2 September 2007

What's "in" a website?

I first posted http://www.kayak.im/ about 5 months ago. It was conceived to allow fellow kayakers to view photographs I have taken during our Sunday paddles on line. I anticipated about 10 visits per week. I enjoy creating the site and I would still produce it if just 1 person visited per week.
Last month the site received 23,000 hits through 600 separate visits by 200 individual machines from various parts of the world. Though not a huge amount this is far more than I ever expected. Spurred on by this I am currently working on new content, still photo rich but with more text and facts. The site will evolve but it will remain non commercial and retain its amateur status and appearance.
Webmaster.

No comments: