Mainly kayaking photographs taken on the Isle of Man and beyond.


Friday 26 November 2010

Kayak Isle of Man - SpeedStroke Gym - Kayak Ergometer 2


How much would you pay for a kayaking exercise machine? After much thought and deliberation I decided that £2000 was the most I would be willing to spend. On the 29th of September I issued a "wanted" plea. I was after a SpeedStroke Gym - Kayak Ergometer to help maintain my Winter fitness. I had heard and read that it was the best kayaking machine available.
The problem I had was that the UK supplier, my closest as I live on the Isle of Man, quoted me a price of £2424 (approx $3800) including delivery to the Island. This seemed high to me and to confound the situation, the US based parent supplier seemed reluctant to supply me.
In the end I turned to a website called GearZone.com . They sell a wide variety of high quality outdoor and sports gear. Rarely have I found such an exceptional level of service from an online retailer. They provided what seemed like a personal service, as my machine made the difficult journey from China to the Isle of Man via the UK. The delivery time was just 4 days! Total cost including delivery, VAT and duties £1931.49 (approx $3044.59).
As for the machine well assembly took about 1 hour. Paddling feels totally authentic and of course my fitness level has soared.
Many thanks to all those who responded to my original blog post, and a special thank you to GearZone.com .

No comments: