Mainly kayaking photographs taken on the Isle of Man and beyond.


Sunday 13 December 2009

Sea Kayaking Isle of Man - Isle of Man.

I've been away a lot recently. I've paddled on salt and fresh water lochs in and around Fort William, and in the open sea out of Portree on the Isle of Skye (lower 2 photos). These paddles have been great and I would certainly return to Scotland to paddle some more. But now I'm back home in the Isle of Man and I can really appreciate what we have here for sea kayakers. As I paddled alone out of Port Erin and headed north towards Fleshwick Bay, I pondered the stunning scenery, the energy left in the sea after our recent storms and the shear variety of locations and conditions to be enjoyed by the sea kayaker here. Of course, it's not all perfect and certainly the dead pigeon which bounced off my head and onto my spray deck as I emerged on my second role was most unwelcome! But despite that it is so good to be home.
www.KAYAK.im

No comments: