Mainly kayaking photographs taken on the Isle of Man and beyond.


Wednesday 3 March 2010

Sea Kayaking Isle of Man - Remote.

I left the Isle of Man nearly a month ago. Initially I found myself as far south in Scotland as it possible to go, right up next to the English border. Now, and unexpectedly, I am at the very top of Scotland, as far north as it is possible to venture whilst still remaining on the UK mainland. The photographs above were taken today in Sutherland, just west of Tongue. It was pretty enough in the border country, but nothing can compare to the desolate, harsh beauty of the north coast, especially on a cold crisp day such as today. This is the place to come if you really do want to get away from it all. It would be very easy to meet no one and simply enjoy the absolute silence which can be experienced here. When I wasn't enjoying a bit of quiet I was staring at the simply perfect waves rolling in at the entrance to Tongue Bay. I didn't bring my kayak and so I couldn't take advantage.
Below are some more of Shane Stigant's photos of Ian, Jess and myself on a memorable tidal race surfing day back home on the Isle of Man.
www.KAYAK.im

No comments: